Moldy Beer

Moldy Keg of IPA

I’ve got a carboy on the floor full of a neglected beer. Its developed a slight cap of mold on the top, but it still seems to taste good, and its at its target gravity. Is this mold a bad sign?

It was in Primary for 2-3 weeks, and Secondary for another 3. I’m not sure whether I should keg it, toss it, or bottle a couple. What’s the worst that could happen? A case of the skitters?

What would you do? Its an IPA. With a pretty high IBU. I guess I’ll just have to clean and sanitize all my vessels again.

3 Responses to “Moldy Beer”


Comments are currently closed.