This weekend should include the brewing of a Nut Brown – Porter hybrid called South-of-Town Brown for my sister and her friend’s move to town, and their affinity for brown ales. Plus, its fall, and it sounds really good.
- 6 lbs. Pale LME
- 0.5 lbs Crystal Malt (120L)
- 0.5 lbs Victory Malt
- 0.5 lbs Chocolate Malt
- 1 oz. Cascade Hops – 60 minutes
- 1 oz. Cascade Hops – 30 minute
- 2 oz Willamette Hops – 5 minutes
- Irish Moss
- British Ale Yeast – pitched to starter
If the batch goes well, I may reuse the yeast cake for another.