This is an amalgam of beer styles. Malt profile should be similar to a Märzen/Oktoberfest style beer, yeast is an ale yeast, and the hops are mostly from my neighbor’s and my hop plants. It’s an homage to our harvest season. This is for a 10 gallon batch.
- 9 lbs. 2-row
- 8 lbs. German pilsner
- 2 lbs. Munich
- 1 lbs. CaraPils
- 1 lbs. Vienna
- 2 oz Glacier @ 60
- unknown addition of unknown hop @ 45
- unknown addition of unknown hop @ 20
- unknown addition of unknown hop @ 15
- unknown addition of unknown hop @ 10
- unknown addition of wet centennials @ 5
I used Fermentis Safale S-05 yeast again, one per carboy. Someone recently told me that they were bored with this strain. I’m not yet. I plan to cold-crash the carboys right before bottling to clear it up a little more like a true Oktoberfest.